As Christmas celebrations simmer down, it leaves just enough time to start gearing up for the new year. The beginning of a new year is the perfect time for a small group get together to brainstorm resolutions, start a new Bible study, and celebrate a fresh start.
Here are some of Lifeway Groups Ministry’s favorite recipes for ringing in the new year with your small group:
Maple Candied Bacon:
- 1 pound thick cut bacon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- Place the bacon on a wire rack on a foil lined baking pan, brush the top of the bacon with maple syrup, and liberally sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Flip the bacon and repeat the prior steps of brushing with maple syrup and sprinkling brown sugar. Bake for another 15 minutes or until it reaches the perfect crispiness.
Slow Cooker White Queso:
- 8-ounce block of regular cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 pound of white American cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon of salted butter
- 1 4-ounce can of green chiles
- 1 tablespoons of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of jalapenos (canned), chopped
- 3-4 tablespoons of milk
- 2-3 tablespoons of water
In your slow cooker, combine the cream cheese, American cheese, butter, green chiles, and jalapenos. Cook on high for 30 minutes and then stir the mixture until well combined. At this point, add a tablespoon of milk and water at a time until you reach the perfect cheesy consistency. Cook for another 15-20 minutes or until everything is combined.
Keep the cheese dip in the slow cooker on the warm setting and serve with plenty of chips!
Shimmering Cupcakes: (The easiest and most festive looking dessert!)
- Box of cake mix (any flavor)
- Can of cake icing (any flavor)
- Shimmering sprinkles
Prepare the cupcakes as the box instructs and allow time to cool. Ice the cupcakes and sprinkle all the festive sparkles on top. Bonus points if you have festive cupcakes liners!