In our increasingly digital world, we are excited to announce our next online Bible study!
On Tuesday, September 8th, we will begin studying The Good Life by Derwin Gray. Hosted through our free Facebook Group, the study experience will run through October 27.
About the Study:
Everyone wants to be happy. We spend our money, time, and energy chasing our version of the good life. And on the way, we run ourselves into physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. But what if the happiness we’re all striving for isn’t the happiness we were created for?
Pastor and author Dr. Derwin L. Gray believes there is a better road to happiness, and it is found in the Beatitudes of Jesus. In this section of the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus revealed the shocking, countercultural path to true flourishing. It comes not through wealth, fame, or laughter but through poverty, obscurity, and mourning. This 8-session small-group study demonstrates how Jesus taught us to search for, find, and hold on to the good life.
1) Happy are the Beggars
2) Happy are Those Who Lament
3) Happy are the Humble
4) Happy are the Hungry and Thirsty
5) Happy are the Merciful
6) Happy are the Seers
7) Happy are the Peacemakers
8) Happy are the Persecuted
Click to read a sample, order the Bible study, or to find out more.
How it works:
- Each week on Tuesdays at 7 AM CT in the Facebook Group, we’ll post a teaching video from Derwin Gray. Each video corresponds to a session in the Bible study, and we’ll post one a week until October 27.
- Three discussion questions will be posted along with each video, and group participants will answer the questions in the comments to engage with other participants. Even if you do not watch the video right when it’s posted, you can still watch after and comment anytime!
- Participation is completely free!
- Head over to our Facebook Group and sign up! You will be asked to accept the group’s rules of engagement and to provide a valid email address. This lets us send you a weekly reminder as we post the session videos and makes sure Derwin and his team are able to communicate with you.
- Purchase a copy of The Good Life Bible study book or eBook. While a Bible Study Book is not required, we do recommend one to enhance your experience during this Online Bible study.
- Join the conversation by commenting in the Facebook Group. Be sure to turn on your notifications so you can keep up with the discussion and be notified as each session posts.
Share any questions you have in the comments section of this blog post and we will see you on Facebook!
Are all of your Bible Studies through Facebook? I don’ have a Facebook account and I choose not to have one.
No, most of our Bible studies are available at http://www.lifeway.com.
We offer free study videos from time to time, but all of our studies are always available on our website. Let me know if you need anymore help!