Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:42 — 40.9MB) | Embed
On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris talk to Claude King about the 30th anniversary of the Bible Study, Experiencing God. Claude King serves as Discipleship Specialist at Lifeway Christian Resources. After attending school in New Orleans, Claude began work as an editor at the Baptist Sunday School Board in Nashville, Tennessee. He met and began working with Henry Blackaby in 1986. That relationship led to their developing “Experiencing God: Knowing and Doing the Will of God” which was first released in 1990. In his current job at Lifeway, he speaks, leads workshops and seminars, and consults with pastors and church leaders to help them and their churches obey Jesus Christ’s final command to make disciples of all nations.
- Tell us about the genesis of Experiencing God.
- What was it like to work with Henry Blackably?
- Were you surprised at how well received the study was, and how it has impacted almost every Bible study written since then?
- What kind of stories have you heard about its impact worldwide?
- Tell us about your newest resource, Return To Me.
Return To Me Bible Study
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Leading Small Groups.
Leave a Comment: