On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris welcome Alex and Stephen Kendrick. Alex and Stephen are ordained ministers and New York Times bestselling coauthors of The Love Dare, The Resolution for Men, and The Battle Plan for Prayer. They are also screenwriters, and film directors, whose credits include Facing the Giants, Fireproof, Courageous, War Room, and the upcoming Overcomer.
- Our listening audience is comprised primarily of educational and small-group leaders. How have you seen discipleship groups, small groups, and other classes contribute to your maturity as a believer?
- The follow-up to the #1 War Room, Overcomer, releases this August. Tell us about how this story developed, how you sensed God at work, and why it is an important movie?
- Overcomer releases in August and we are collaborating with you to create the initial Bible study to be available in June — ahead of the movie. What is your hope for groups that engage this study that is rooted in Overcomer the movie?
- In what ways do you think matters of identity rate among our culture’s most daunting challenges?
- In concert with the release of Overcomer is Defined: Who God Says You Are. This is an 8-session Bible study for groups with origins in the book of Ephesians but also emerging out of the story of Overcomer. Why do you think it is important to engage this content in a group setting?
We shot our first movie, Flywheel, for $20,000.
When the Lord finally got out of our system our desire to the Christian Han Solo and the Christian Harrison Ford, He said, “Now I’m going to tell you what direction you should go,” and when we obeyed him, He began to open those doors.
You cannot fake or manufacture the favor of God. We would rather have the favor of God on our projects than any amount of money.
Everywhere we go as followers of Jesus Christ, any conversation we have can become a discipleship conversation.
When I think about Acts 2,3,4, that’s the way small group discipleship needs to be taking place. It’s that koinonia fellowship where we are sharing life together.
In 2017, God beginning turning out hearts toward the issue of identity.
The Creator gets to define His creation. Who are we to redefine what God has already defined?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Small Groups for the Rest of Us.