On this week’s episode, Brian and Chris join Brian Dembowczyk, the Managing Editor of The Gospel Project. The three tackle the following questions:
- “Gospel” is a buzzword right now in the church world. What does it mean to be “gospel-centered”?
- How does failing to study Scripture as one gospel story lead to moralism?
- How does a group leader help create a “gospel culture” in a small group?
- Is it important to know how all Scripture points back to Jesus? How can a small group leader consistently do that during discussions?
- What is different about The Gospel Project curriculum? What is coming for The Gospel Project this fall?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Small Groups For The Rest Of Us.
GUEST: Brian knows how churches work, and understands group dynamics as he writes content for groups of churches of various sizes. In addition to being the Managing Editor of The Gospel Project, Brian is the author of Gospel-Centered Kids Ministry and Cornerstones: 200 Questions and Answers to Learn Truth. Brian and his wife Tara have three kids: Joshua, Hannah, and Caleb. Prior to joining The Gospel Project, he served in local church ministry for 17 years, primarily in family and discipleship ministry. You can keep up with Brian on Twitter.