On this week’s episode, Brian and Chris join Jana Magruder, the Director of Lifeway Kids. Passionate about kids ministry, Jana discusses the following questions:
- Why is it important for kids to be in a small group as well as a large group setting in kids ministry?
- What are the essentials to discipling kids?
- What do children’s ministers look for in a small group leader for kids?
- How can a church start a kid’s small group system if they don’t currently have one?
- What should groups do about childcare?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Small Groups For The Rest Of Us.
GUEST: Jana serves as the Director of Lifeway Kids. She is a Baylor graduate and offers a wealth of experience and passion for kids ministry, education, and publishing. She is the author of Kids Ministry that Nourishes and Life Verse Creative Journal, the latter which she co-authored with her teenage daughter Morgan Grace. Jana and her husband, Michael, reside in Nashville along with their three children. You can follow Jana on Twitter.