Welcome to The Power of God’s Names online Bible study! We’re so excited to kick off this 6-week journey into this Bible study from Tony Evans and to explore the biblical meanings of God’s names and related attributes. Please read the following instructions carefully.
Here’s how our online Bible study will work:
- Each week, you’ll come here to the blog and watch the video led by Tony Evans. The videos are 25-30 minutes long. Once you watch the video, we have questions for you to answer in your group or in the comments section of the post.
- This is available to those studying together and those going solo.
- The questions will help you to get to know your fellow Bible study participants, and we hope these interactions will be both challenging and encouraging.
- After the video, we’ll let you know the personal study assignment to do for the next week in your The Power of God’s Names Bible study book.
- The study will be six weeks long (including this introduction week).
A note about the Bible study videos: We are giving you the complete video content for The Power of God’s Names online Bible study! We will leave all the videos up until September 7th, to make sure anyone who needs a few weeks to catch up and finish has time to do so. After that you can purchase sessions you miss online.
If you would like to receive weekly reminder emails when we post, click here to go to our signup page.
Now that all of that is out of the way, watch Session 1 below:
Questions for Session 1:
If you are studying in your group, please discuss these during your group time. If you are studying by yourself, then please comment below with your answers.
- What is your name? Where are you from?
- What drew you to this Bible study?
- What are some different names we use for God?
- What do you hope to learn or experience in this study of God’s names?
This week, complete Week 1: The Majesty of God’s Names (pages 11-34) in your Bible study book and we’ll see you next week!
1. Intro: Jennifer Nicks – Woodstock, GA
2. Why this study: The familiarity of the Ministry of Tony Evans and a unique opportunity to be exposed to his teachings through this platform
3. 1. Names for God: Jehovah Jireh – My Provider
4. Hope to Gain: Further insight into the names of God. As I grow through life’s trials I recognize different references to God and this Power of God’s Names study will allow me to engage in a more in depth study of names we refer to our God. I find that with each name I recognize how powerful and majestic he is in my life.
We’re so excited that you are joining us through this online Bible study!
First of we respect all of you.
Raising now to begin losing our Christian identity and Culture between our refugees Youth. Now, we are trying to rebuild their losing faith. Therefore, we neef in your advise and prayer.
1.What is your name? Where are you from? Deb/Las Vegas, NV
2.What drew you to this Bible study? Have not participated in an online study before. I also wanted to review this book.
3.What are some different names we use for God? El-Shaddai, Yahweh, Jehovah and Adonai. I AM
4.What do you hope to learn or experience in this study of God’s names? A deeper understanding of God’s character. By knowing Him deeper, I can make Him known to others.
Welcome to our online Bible study Deb! We’re looking forward to digging deep into this study with you.
Michael, from KY/TN
Dr. Tony Evans, is such a stellar teacher
A deeper understanding of the names and person of God
From page 10:
I appreciate that Dr. Evans takes the time to study & prepare such a lesson. It’s clear that he has “done his homework!”
I’ve grown up being taught that God is to be hallowed, respected. But I never really thought about His Name being hallowed. Maybe that’s why I was taught that cursing is wrong!
For all of my life I have heard God’s name being abused & disrespected. The media, TV, movies, magazines, people at school, work & on the street. It’s everywhere!
Elohim means He is the Strong Creator.
I think His use of Elohim was to set the tone for the rest of what we are to learn about Him.
Just look at nature! Plants, trees, the ocean, the mountains, animals of all kinds. They all cry out about their Creator if we’ll just listen.
And lastly, I love that Elohim rested when He was finished. And that I can do the same.
My name is Bernard Baure, I chose this Bible study because I respect Tony Evans and I want to know more about God. The names of God am familiar with are Jehovah, Father, Yahweh, I Am, and Elohim. i would love to learn more names, as well as their meanings. I just want a deeper relationship and to continue to grow closer to HIm.
My name is Wendy. I’ve always wanted to study God’s names! So when I saw this study pop up in my email, I was in. I want a deeper relationship with God! I want Him to be, not just a ‘part’ of my life, but my whole life. I know I can’t have a deeper relationship with my God if I don’t really KNOW Him!! I’m so excited!!!
My name is Quinetta Adderley, I live in Columbia, SC. I know that God has answer my prayers, with this Bible Study series. I started reading my Complete Jewish Bible, God is leading me deeper in knowing who He is, to God be the Glory. I am very humble and grateful for this opportunity. God bless you Dr. Evans.
Cindy from Lusby, Maryland
I have had this study for awhile, however, I teach ladies Bible Study & never had time to do it. Now is the perfect time, God gave me rest.
Lord, Yahweh, I Am, Father
I pray to learn more about God & his names & his character.
1) Lorraine I live in Ketchikan Alaska
2) Wanted to do something different for a Bible Study this summer and I have been teaching Sunday School to Middle School students and it was on the Names of God. So this intrigued me to see what I can learn to share with my students next year.
3)Father, Lord, Redeemer, Savior
4)I want to learn how to call on the names of God to transform me through the chaos that is currently controlling my life!
My name is Mary Ann, I’m from Missouri, presently I am a resident of Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas. I was drawn to this Bible Study because I purchased the book over a year ago. I enjoy reading books by Dr. Evans and I am just as excited now as I was when I first received the book. I want to know more about the names of God, what they mean and how I can apply them in prayer and in my daily living. We use Father, Abba-Father, Master, Lord, King, Jehovah, Creator God, Holy One, and Almighty just to name a few. Dr. Evans is a wonderful teacher of the Word of God his explanations are clear and easily understood. I look forward to the opportunity of learning more about God and His names.
My name is Barbara from a Dallas, Texas suburb. I was thankful to respond to the email about this study, having read the study book.
Peng Thawng, I pray for you, the refugees, and youth you mentioned. May our great and awesome God answer your prayer for faith and spiritual growth.
God is Almighty. He is King of kings and Lord of lords. “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27.
I hope by hearing Dr. Evans teach, that I may better know our wonderful Creator who knows each of us by name.
What is your name? -Monica from North Carolina
What drew you to this Bible study?- I love the climate of Lifeway,and how warm and inviting they are.
What are some different names we use for God? ABBA, Jehovah, Father, Precious LORD
What do you hope to learn or experience in this study of God’s names? – I hope to learn who my GOD is through this study,and to love HIM as much as possible by studying HIS names.
Dale from Elgin Il.
Because it is available I am here, always looking to learn and grow.
Elohin, Jehovah, Yesuah, Father, Son, Holy Spirit, I AM, Jesus, etc
Further insight into the names of God. As I grow through life’s trials I recognize different references to God and this Power of God’s Names study will allow me to engage in a more in depth study of names we refer to our God. I find that with each name I recognize how powerful and majestic he is in my life. To Magnify and Exalt His name as a mirror!
1. What is your name? Where are you from? Nancy, South Florida
2. .What drew you to this Bible study? The comment that Bible study should not stop during the summer. And, of course, Dr. Tony Evans is His servant. Preach!
3. What are some different names we use for God? Father, Daddy, Abba.
4. .What do you hope to learn or experience in this study of God’s names? Just a closer walk with Thee. He is so good.
Julie Hopland, Johnson City TN
Excited to study God’s Names
What is your name? Karyn Where are you from? Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
What drew you to this Bible study? Searching for new studies for our two churches here. We’re Americans trying to grow two churches here in England.
What are some different names we use for God? Father, Jesus, Holy Spirit, Creator, Jehovah, Comforter, Healer, Protector.
What do you hope to learn or experience in this study of God’s names? Some more incite into my Father.