Hope is at the heart of every journey. The gospel shows us that we are not only seen as righteous before God, we are also adopted into a forever family and loved by Him. This Bible study is based on the film LIFEMARK that tells the story of David, whose comfortable world is turned upside down when his birth mother unexpectedly reaches out to him, longing to meet the eighteen-year-old son she’s only held once. With the encouragement of his adoptive parents, David embarks on a journey of discovery that leads to a staggering truth from his past. The film itself is based on an incredible true story that celebrates adoption, reconciliation, and love. Participants in the Bible study will see the beauty of adoption by looking more deeply at the adoption we have in Christ.
The LIFEMARK Bible Study Book with Video Access includes content for five sessions, personal study between group sessions, applicable Scripture, “How to Use This Study,” and tips for leading a group. Each book also contains a unique code that allows you to access teaching videos for each session. The video contains intros from Kirk Cameron and clips from the film to help your group examine what adoption teaches us about our own story.
- Videos featuring Kirk Cameron and clips from the film LIFEMARK
- Five small group sessions
- Personal study opportunities for ongoing spiritual growth
- Promotional content, including promotional video
- Be inspired by a touching movie with a strong pro-life message.
- Realize your own identity as an adopted son or daughter of God.
- Find the security that comes from being adopted by God.
- Experience the power of forgiveness and the ability of the gospel to reconcile us to God and others.
- Understand that life begins at conception and that all human beings are made in the image of God.
- Learn that a person’s worth is derived from God rather than their stage of development.
- Focus on the promise believers have as adopted sons and daughters of God through Christ.
- Care for the powerless as God does.
Learn more at lifeway.com/lifemark
Leave a Comment: