On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris sit down with Pastor JT McCraw to talk about the state of men’s ministry in today’s world.
JT is the co-host of the Renovating Masculinity podcast, a John Maxwell certified Life Coach & Speaker, an independent life coach with Stephen Mansfield’s GreatMan Coaching team, the Executive & Men’s pastor at Bethel World Outreach and is one of the leading men’s ministers in the United States. He has traveled around the globe teaching men what he learned during his dark days of personal crisis. He now coaches men and helps them build high quality noble manhood into their lives by drawing from his years as a successful custom builder.
– What would you say is the most surprising thing you’ve learned on the Renovating Masculinity journey you started about a year ago now?
– As you engage men in various capacities, what are you learning about current and emerging crucial aspects of a man’s life and how to minister to men uniquely and specifically?
– Talk about the idea of band of brothers. Why is this important? What have you learned about developing this kind of relationship and what are the principles for fostering a sense of community within a group of men?
– Why does men’s ministry pose such a challenge within a church context?
– How is a gender-specific group different from a co-ed group? Why might this be more important for men than women?
– How are you defining “intentional awareness” and why have you adopted this term for men’s ministry?