On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris talk to Jeff Martin about his new book, Empower: The 4 Keys to Leading a Volunteer Movement. In “Empower,” Jeff drills in to four key principles that can unlock a volunteer-led movement. They were unearthed from an event he founded in 2004 called “Fields of Faith” that focused on giving ordinary people the microphone. It has impacted and united millions of people, thousands of volunteers, and countless community organizations. Each year, over 250,000 people gather on one night in communities across the country.
- What prompted you to write this book?
- Who did you write it for?
- What are some common mistakes that leaders of volunteers make?
- What is holding back most volunteer-based ministries and organizations?
- Does your book have any implications in the Covid era?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Leading Small Groups.