Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 30:51 — ) | Embed
On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris check in again with Evan Owens about caring for people with mental health issues in our churches and groups. Evan currently serves as the Executive Director of REBOOT Recovery. He is certified in military ministry and has personally facilitated trauma recovery groups for over 350 combat veterans and military spouses. REBOOT is a non-profit that helps veterans, first responders and their loved ones to heal from the moral and spiritual wounds associated with service-related trauma.
- This year has obviously been a difficult time for mental health. What are you seeing in your practice at Reboot?
- First responders and frontline health workers have been especially hit hard this year. How are you helping them, and what can we do?
- What are steps we should take to make sure we are staying healthy through all of this?
- How can group leaders best take care of hurting group members as they start to regather in 2021?
- What should a leader do if someone in their care is in crisis?
[If you or someone you know needs help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255). You can also text a crisis counselor by messaging 741741.]
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Leading Small Groups.
Leave a Comment: