On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris talk to Evan Owens about caring for people with mental health issues in our churches and groups. Evan currently serves as the Executive Director of REBOOT Recovery. He is certified in military ministry and has personally facilitated trauma recovery groups for over 350 combat veterans and military spouses. REBOOT is a non-profit that helps veterans, first responders and their loved ones to heal from the moral and spiritual wounds associated with service-related trauma.
- How big of a problem is mental health and trauma in our country?
- What is the Church doing about this?
- What is REBOOT Recovery doing about this?
- How can a group leader recognize when someone in their group needs help?
- When should professional, outside help be sought?
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Leading Small Groups.