Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:30 — 40.7MB) | Embed
On this episode of Group Answers, Brian and Chris welcome Elizabeth Hyndman on to discuss women’s and single’s small groups and Bible study resources. Elizabeth reads, writes, and tweets. Officially, she’s a Content Editor. She managed to find a job where she uses both her English undergraduate and her seminary graduate degrees every day. Elizabeth grew up in Nashville, sips chai lattes every chance she can get, and believes everyone should have a “funny picture” pose at the ready.
1. Elizabeth, you’re single and vocationally you develop Bible studies. What have you found to be unique about being single as it relates to group life, group Bible study development, and your own personal experiences in group life?
2. What three — let’s call them values — have you found to be distinct about group life in women’s ministry? These would be the values that you always look for as an editor.
3. How have you seen Bible study development evolve over the course of your tenure?
4. You actually write Bible studies. When you sit down to write, how do you tend to frame the user experience? Maybe better put, how do you create an experience that takes a group member from the beginning to the desired destination?
5. What have you noticed as the most common mistake by a small-group leader?
6. If you could give one piece of advice to the small-group leaders that are listening, what would it be?
This Episode’s Sponsor: Every church must be equipped to respond well in the initial stages of learning about instances of sexual, physical, or emotional abuse. That is why the Southern Baptist Convention, Lifeway, and ERLC partnered together to create Becoming a Church that Cares Well for the Abused. This training curriculum of a handbook and 13 videos brings together top experts from various fields to help volunteers and leaders understand and implement the best practices for handling the variety of abuse scenarios at church, school, or ministry. You can access this free training at ChurchCares.com.
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Leading Small Groups.
Leave a Comment: