Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:04 — 46.9MB) | Embed
On this episode of Group Answer, Brian and Chris welcome Dave Shroeder on to discuss Bible studies vs book clubs, and reading books in community. Dave is the marketing leader for B&H Books and cohost of the Table of (Mal)Contents Podcast.
- What are the differences between a Bible study and a book club?
- Should people be in both?
- Should a church small group ever do a book study instead of a Bible study?
- What level of community can you achieve in a book group?
- What makes a successful book group?
- What books would you recommend for a small group to consider?
This Episode’s Sponsor: You’ve probably heard about the movie OVERCOMER. But you may not know there are a few books and Bible studies inspired by the film. One is called Defined by Alex Kendrick and Stephen Kendrick, which is a book and Bible study based on insights from the Book of Ephesians. You can find these books and Bible studies at Lifeway.com/Overcomer.
Leave a Comment: