“Does your life match what you profess to believe? If not, what needs to change?”
When David Platt took a trip to the Himalayan mountains, the staggering hardship he witnessed transformed the trajectory of his life. Now he’s inviting you on a similar mind-wrestling, life-altering trek through the Himalayas. On October 1, we’re releasing a Bible study that will help lead you to ask questions you might prefer to ignore. But can you? For Christians, ignorance of profound human need is not an option. Neither is indifference. It’s time to explore what it means to follow Jesus in a world of urgent physical and spiritual needs.
And you can start this exploration now with this free opportunity to join in for a simulcast with David Platt!
On Wednesday, September 18 at 6:00 PM CT / 7:00 PM ET, watch the live simulcast of the event taking place at McLean Bible Church in Washington D.C. David will share what the Lord has been working in his heart amid a world of such urgent physical and spiritual need and will interview people making a difference through their surrender to the Lord.
What’s helped lead to this simulcast? David has been asking the why questions:
- If the gospel is true and God really is good, then where is God amid extreme poverty and pain?
- Where are the peace and protection of God for the oppressed and exploited in the world?
- Is hell really a place and does it actually last forever?
- If so, then why are so many people born into what seems like an earthly hell, only to move to an eternal one? How can that be fair?
Now, we all can ask the what now questions:
- Are we going to choose comfort, or are we going to choose the cross?
- Are we going to settle for maintenance, or are we going to sacrifice for mission?
- Will our lives be marked by indecisive minds or an undivided hearst?
Don’t miss the simulcast for the change to be inspired, convicted, and encouraged as we dig into such concepts, seeking the Lord for our practical next steps of what needs to change.
And what’s even more? You can sample the Bible study that digs deeper into the gospel and difference-making lives in a world of urgent spiritual and physical needs by downloading two free sessions of the Bible study.