Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:30 — 37.9MB) | Embed
In today’s episode, Brian, Chris, and Brandon talk about the signs that you may be headed for burnout as a leader, and a few ways to hopefully avoid them.
Signs of burnout discussed from Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero.
- You are using God to run from God.
- You are ignoring the emotions of anger, sadness, and fear.
- You are dying to the wrong things.
- You are doing for God instead of being with God.
- You are spiritualizing away conflict.
- You are living without limits.
The Group Answers Podcast is a weekly show designed to resource, train, and encourage small group leaders. Each episode considers current trends and resources as well as timeless truths and methods of discipleship. It is hosted by Brian Daniel, a Bible study and discipleship expert in Lifeway’s Groups Ministry, and Chris Surratt, the small group and discipleship specialist at Lifeway and author of Small Groups for the Rest of Us.
Leave a Comment: