Gathering as a small group outside of your Bible study can be a pivotal moment for group members to bond over sports, food, and other spontaneous activities. The upcoming Super Bowl can be a great time to plan a small group party for fun, food, and football (even if group members don’t like football).
Super Bowl parties lend themselves to be full of heavy, sometimes spicy food, so for crowd-pleasing and easy recipes for your football party, here are some of Lifeway Groups Ministry’s favorites.
Easy Pizza Rolls
- 1 13.8-ounce can of refrigerated classic pizza crust
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 cup marinara/pizza sauce
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Unroll the pizza dough from the can and press into a large rectangle. Once your dough is pressed out, sprinkle the garlic salt, basil, cheeses and pepperoni on top. Starting on the longest side, roll the dough tightly into a log shape and slice into 1-inch pieces. Separate the rolls/pinwheels and place on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes or until brown on top. Serve warm with marinara for dipping!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1½ cups assorted cheeses (like cheddar and monterey), shredded
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- ⅔ cup of ranch dresses
- ½ cup sour cream
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, ranch, and sour cream until mostly smooth. In a separate bowl, mix the shredded chicken and ⅔ of the buffalo sauce together. In a 9-inch round baking dish, spread the cream cheese mixture on the bottom and top with the buffalo chicken mixture. Top it all off with the remaining buffalo sauce and evenly sprinkle the assorted cheeses on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- 1 pound of ground beef or ground turkey
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 1-ounce taco seasoning packet
- Snack sized bags of corn chips (buy as many bags as people attending the party)
- Toppings: black beans, lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc.
Brown the beef/turkey in a skillet and drain the fat. Put the cooked beef/turkey back in the skillet and add the onion. Sautee them together for a couple of minutes until the onions are soft and translucent. Add the taco seasoning and ½ cup of water and simmer together until water is absorbed. If you are serving immediately, then pour into the serving bowl. You could also keep the beef warm in a slow cooker.
For Serving: Instruct party members to crush their chips in the bag before opening and add any toppings they want to create their own walking tacos!
Leave a Comment: